SPECIAL CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
Improving Care Environments in Residential Care Institutions
The National Social Inclusion Foundation (NSIF) invites applications from NGOs managing Residential Care Institutions (RCIs) for the funding of renovation projects through a Special Call for Proposals titled ‘Improving Care Environments in Residential Care Institutions (RCIs)’. This Call for Proposals is being made under the NSIF’s Funding Instrument ‘F6: Special Calls’ which caters for ad-hoc funding based on specific emerging needs and targeted interventions.
Safe, adequate and stimulating care environments have positive impacts on the health, psychological and social aspects of care and ultimately, on the wellbeing of beneficiaries. In this regard, the objectives of the Special Call: Improving Care Environments in Residential Care Institutions (RCIs) are:
- To provide for the refurbishment of the physical infrastructure of RCIs
- To enable RCIs meet the requirements of building standards as per applicable regulations
- To create quality care environments, supportive of improved health and wellbeing of residents
To be eligible to apply for funding under this Special Call, applicants must be NGOs running existing RCIs that are currently funded by the Foundation. These include:
- RCIs for the protection and welfare of children
- Shelters and half-way homes for women
- Residential care homes/charitable institutions for the elderly
- Shelters, including night shelters, for the homeless
- Residential centre for rehabilitation of substance abusers
- Under this Special Call, the Foundation will provide a one-off funding of up to Rs1 million per residential structure.
- The funding will contribute towards renovation projects for interior and/or exterior improvements of the residential care facilities.
- Project duration should not exceed 12 months.
- Applicants should provide detailed description of proposed works and cost estimates, to be supported by relevant quotations
- Applications should be made on the prescribed application form and sent by email to the NSIF at [email protected] .
- NGOs operating more than one residential structure should make separate applications for each.
- The Call for proposals shall be open for 3 weeks from 21 March 2022 to 11 April 2022.
Interested applicants are kindly invited to contact the NSIF for any further information.